Monday, May 02, 2005

TV is scary

Would you believe I went down to a bar to watch the Season premiere of Family Guy? It was nice though, while everyone was gathered around the bar watching the Seattle Sonics win over the Sacramento Kings (I grew up in Sac, how's that for ironic?) we were in the back room gathered around the big screen TV, drinking beer, smoking, and watching The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. I must admit it's the first time I've watched FG and AD... ever... which says more about my lack of free time then anything else... but really it came as quite a shock and now I'm realizing how woefully out of touch I am with TV. But maybe that's a good thing.

Anyways, worked on sketching the next page today, and penciled all but the last two panels... on which I'm stuck... again. I grow weary of not having confidence in my script, as that's what I've been fighting with for months now. This is turning out to be a very difficult chapter. However, I just keep going, because the real prize is at the end ^_^

Pic of the day:



Ah yes, Sweet 16... this pic is from my 16th birthday, where I spent time with Ena, my grandmother, who was increasingly slipping away due to dementia. Grandfather had already passed on in 1979, and I hardly remember him. But Ena was a cool lady, she lived through the Great Depression and was always full of stories about childhood survival in Missouri, or when she worked as a Rosie the Riveter on airplanes during WWII after moving West with her husband. She taught me a lot about determination, being practical, and scraping by with next to nothing. A great lady, and I'm glad I got to know her before she too expired a few years later.

~Liriel

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep at it Liriel. Your script so far is great so I'm sure you'll pull thru with something you like. Stop watching FG though, it won't help! It is funny tho. :)

Ena looks and sounds like a great woman. You on the other hand are screaming 80's 80's 80's! Gotta love it.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Mindless: Sorry about the crying there... and yes cartoons in bars are indeed cooler... though really when you think about it... horribly pathetic as well.

Frown: I thought FG was pretty funny, though being in the dark I couldn't keep up with half of the in-jokes :/ And yeah I was a total 80's fashion victim XD

8:56 AM  
Blogger Claytonian said...

wow, that is so eighties I'm stunned

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She already is 'The One'.


... woah.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

There is no spoon.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Soup can be drunk from the bowl you know... I do that all the time with Miso soup at any rate.

Bah -- no soup for you~! >:|

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home