Sunday, April 24, 2005

Fun & Games

Had a nice gaming session last night... though we really didn't game much, but it was nice to have everyone together and save money at the same time. Everyone being Byron (storyteller for the night), Jack, Travis, Thomas, Jacob, Craig and myself. I think though that our number, the year-old Exaulted campaign, and our rusty RP skills conspired to turn it into a session of socializing.

A year ago I started in the campaign with a pretty powerful political character, until about six months ago she got yanked and I started again with a former male sex slave who's a much more fun and deep character to play (though at times I think the guys are a little twitchy with my antics lol). At any rate I've requested that I continue with him and develop more stuff around him, so likewise I've been asked to write out his character history.

If it's at all entertaining I'll share it here upon completion. I was going to work on it today, but I realized I'd need to confer with Jack, Byron and Craig to do so, so I just tinkered with the BadBlood site and watched Empire Strikes Back instead. Not at all a bad Sunday... especially since I wasn't hung-over or anything lol.

As of right now I'm posting this from Photobucket to see how it works, since I'm going through these photos. Hope it don't screw up.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

L-R: In the background is Uncle Max, Grandpa, and Grandma.

This photo was pinned up in my mom's art studio for a time, so it has white pain flecks on it. Grandma & Grandpa (my mother's parents) owned a paint store at the time. They've both since passed on, and I think Uncle Max as well (not really sure since we've lost touch with that portion of the family, I do recall that Uncle Max, who married my mother's sister, wasn't really a very nice man).

Back to work tomorrow, wee~

~Liriel

*edit* Wow, Photobucket did a number on the line breaks... won't be doing that again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweetness of youth bathed in light
With adoration and indifference
in shadow the aged look on
A smile warms the day for some
the snow falls in time.


Cute photo.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Thanks for the poem :D

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are most welcome.

I'm obviously no poet, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pic. Not quite the simplistic beauty of a Haiku, but hey, I'm a visual artist.

That really is a nice photo. I see why your mom kept it in her studio for so long.

So. About gaming, you mean to tell me that there wasn't any heavy drinking going on? I find that hard to believe.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

It's a GAME SESSION dude, we're supposed to keep our wits about us when the monster leap out to eat our characters XD

I did have several Corona's though, and even got silly enough to dub myself Darth Corona and Craig Darth Peeber (after PBR; Pabst Blue Ribbon)... yeah... it was silly.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home