Monday, April 18, 2005

Damn these weekends

Woo yeah, another wild and crazy weekend... bloody hell >_< !

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Friday was just an all out... comedic tragedy. At the Mercury, doing my best to stay sober and still have a good time, and yet everyone around me got completely sloshed, especially my husband, who just got so embarassing I finally gave up and slammed three Redrum & Cokes. Still wasn't enough... But at least I got some dancing done.

Thankfully Saturday started innocuously enough, with a CNW meeting, where we talked about the two events for CascadiaCon; SPAWNS, and Comic Biography Theater. And then we had a nice guest speaker James Taylor of Rorschach Entertainment, which was very fascinating because he talked a lot about indie press vs. Diamond distrubution... or at least that's what I found facinating. I also managed to snag a book for less then half the regular price, which was good because I only had $8.00 left over after Friday, yee~

Oh yeah and also at the meeting I recieved this:


*blush*

I also spent time hanging out at the after-meeting social -- what a fun group ^_^

After the meeting, things started getting weird again... went with Frown and friends to an... art show. Which in and of itself was good. Most of the art was excellent, but being the kind of art show it was, half of it was a performance art, meaning the crowd was in on it and I don't do well in crowds who are so demanding... it's like being surrounded by vampires. That and I stupidly wore my heavy leather jacket, so after a once-around I was in serious pain, and in serious need of less people.... and a Redrum & Coke. After we made it out we went to drop off the Frown friends at the neighborhood bar... hmmm... bar... hey, let's go in for a drink *grin* . This place wasn't classy enough to have Redrum, but damn the ones they made were potent >_< ! Yeah, so then I was able to relax, try and play a little pool on a wee-table, and generally practice socializing with people I'd just met (the Frown friends) -- another fun bunch of folks ^_^

Alas, since I didn't eat anything before bed, the three Rum & Cokes I had were still with me the next morning when I woke up at 7:30am and tried to make coffee with Craig asking me all about the night before... =_= The rest of Sunday was just long and exhausted... I tried getting on the net... succedded for all of 20 mins and then had to recollapse on the couch. Pathetic.

Today was an okay day, but had to work on sketching the next page with this persistent irritation from no where lingering around me... it was like an itchy cloud of doom or something... Didn't help the page much, looking at having to redo a couple panels tomorrow before I can ink the line-work. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nice day *crosses fingers*

~Liriel

5 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

Heheh, yeah I don't think it would be good for the comic if I got so drunk on my weekends that I couldn't remember things... though I tell ya, sometimes it's tempting!

And Redrum is the nectar of the gods! I should ask them to sponsor me! heheh

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's be clear here! I originally wanted no part in the after show socializing. Although I ended up having a blast, it wasn't my idea. I actually wanted to go back to the show myself. I'm not saying Liriel is throwing any blame my way, but for some reason I come across feeling like an enabler after having read the latest entry. I'm actually quite a tame fella.

Liriel, sorry to hear about your Sunday. That redrum be murder for some. heh heh.

Manders, cute picture.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Whoops, sorry if that came across as putting any sort of blame on you there Frown... if you weren't the only aspect of my social life you wouldn't seem so... prominent in my escapades.

And yes folks he is rather tame... I'm the problem child XD

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MG - How dare you!?!

Tame as a kitten I tell you -

purrrRRRrr....

6:23 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

XD

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home