Sunday, April 10, 2005

"She can't take anymore, Captain!"

My social life has taken on a vibrating shimmy, like a bus roaring out of Casablanca over horrid roads, or the Enterprise zooming through space, engines to the limit. I can't keep this up. I think after next weekend I'm going to vanish... hide out... become a hermit again... Of course that will depend on if I'm allowed that luxury. But I can always say no. Lord knows there's a lot of extraneous work I could be doing instead, things I've been meaning to do, promised to do, HAVE to get done...

I'll tell you though, honestly this is the first time in a long time I've really had a social life, one of my own that is. For the last six years I've lived vicariously through my husband, his friends were mine. Which is okay, they're my kind of folk, but it meant Craig was the intermediary -- I'd always feel akward calling them up to see what they were up to on the nights Craig had to work. It's still like that. That and I'm really a social cripple because I don't drive (have never learned to drive, and probably mentally incapable of driving... ever).

Something has changed though, not sure what exactly, but I suddenly find myself out with others... new people, different places... and it's actually very refreshing... even addicting... and sometimes scary.

Eh yeah, but I guess that's the thrill of life, idn't it? That the hull just might get ripped apart while pushing boundaries... or that something new and/or interesting will be discovered... Never hurts to take a break though, refuel, process the data collected... yeah.

Over and out,
~Liriel

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck's sake. Nae fuckin' wih! Cap'n she cin gau the distance Ah'm tellin ya. Ya gau to the pub an' ya drink yir fuckin' pint as it shood be.

Aye, Ah'm no gaunna argue wi' ya, Ah'm jist sayin ya jist cin't drop it ya daft lass.

Ack! *shakin ma heid*

8:06 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Just you wait sir, next Friday... ah yes, next Friday, yer gettin' the full Mercury treatment... *maniacal laughter*

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel another cold coming on ...

11:53 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Perfect! Bring some cold medicine and we'll all have a wonderful time~! :D

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ima Peccable said...

Just saying, I enjoyed this post and the comments. <3

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home