Tuesday, April 26, 2005

When the grass is blue...

Got the next page inked today, and I must say I really hate oval thought balloons... oh yes.... especially since I don't really have a proper sized template for them... damn things...

Anyhoot~

I have a fantastic neighbor. She likes to listen to Blue Grass and occasionally picks away skillfully at her banjo. A BANJO! In MY neighborhood -- where half of everybody bumps down the street in their ancient Cadilacs to 'urban' music, on the way to meet their crack whores... or whatever it is they do around here.... but yeah, I friggin' love it! It's kinda nice to be in the bath and have her music plinking faintly through the wall... very refreshing.

Tangentially to Blue Grass, is this pic; one of my faves:



This was the year (1979) that I seriously wondered if there would be a 1980, or if the world was going to end... strange thing to think for a kid... or perhaps not, since we were still doing Nuclear Attack drills at school, among other things to counteract the Fear. Strange times indeed... I recall also having serveral bouts with head lice, and came to dread the smell of the school nurse (she was a freak anyways; a gum snapping witchhazel-peppermint scented bubble-haired wanna be fashion-model with too much black eye-liner, and who always had a white pen tucked behind her right ear... *shivers*).

~Liriel

3 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

Yeah, I'm obviously scarred for life

10:13 AM  
Blogger Claytonian said...

Where is that? Nebraska?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Good question, but I know it's not Nebraska... it's probably Northern California... probably out by Chico where the grandparents lived for a short while.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home