Sunday, May 01, 2005

Battles for the homefront

Well the Axis and Allies game went well, if for 8+ hours, and even if I didn't win (Travis playing Germany did... as usual =_=), I, playing the U. S., did put up one hell of a fight for Japan and pretty much kept it supressed until the very last moment when Germany stormed Washington D.C. and the game ended. It really was lots of fun though, and we've already decided who's gonna play what the next time; I get Japan, which should be interesting and means I need to do some research. But that shouldn't be for months yet. After the game we scooted down to TCP to chill with beer for a bit, unwind, discuss plans.

This is where I discovered a bit of drama having to do with TCP, Travis, his ex-girlfriend and Katie who I had played pool with there last Saturday.

Travis' ex-girlfriend, we'll call her Kia, since that's how her name is pronounced but not spelled, has been not getting over Travis very well, hanging out at TCP (because that's his watering hole), and generally pestering Travis. Well appearently Kia meet up with these two Tattoo artists that have been also coming around there lately (the skinny one's name is Dave and the other one is inconsequential). In some kind of spur of the moment thing Kia went home with Tattoo Dave and did the nasty.

Like who cares, right?

However, before I knew all that, I had been at TCP last weekend with Frown and Katie playing pool until way late. Towards the end of the evening this Tattoo Dave guy comes over and starts talking to Katie. I kinda just stood back and figured Katie could take care of herself, and I honestly don't know what was said or anything, but I could tell what he was after; Katie is attractive. So I don't know if she exchanged numbers or just brushed him off -- eventually he went away and we all left (as the bar was closing and it was laaaate).

So back to the Kia thing... I guess Tattoo Dave was sitting at the bar on Friday night, Travis a few stools down, and Tattoo Dave was dissing on Kia. I'm not exactly sure what was said, but it was enough to get Travis riled up -- a fight almost broke out when Travis' buddies wanted to shut Tattoo Dave up, but Travis wasn't having any of it (last thing he wanted was to get 86'ed from his home away from home). Travis, deciding to be the nice guy (because well, he is), later called Kia to warn her what this Tattoo Dave guy was all about. She didn't take that well, and the night ended with her outside his house screaming at it about how she didn't need Travis to look out for her... really just psycho. The funniest thing though about all this was listening to Travis' mom threatening to go down to TCP and chew Kia out. That would have been hilarious as she has that quality of mother-voice that can not be ignored -- the whole bar would have been humiliated.

Tattoo Dave and his buddy were there last night, playing pool, which kind of made me tense, waiting for something to be said to Travis, or waiting for Kia to show up.... geh, though by my third beer I was done worrying about it -- what will be, will be.

Really though I just hope that Katie brushed that punk off, because he's obviously just out to keep a running score on how many women he can do in a month, or whatever. Probably running around with seven kinds of STDs too. It kind of saddens me though that TCP has been tainted by these kind of people.

At any rate... before heaing home, we made tenative plans to do an Exaulted session next Saturday, which means I need to get my character history together or something @_@

And now -- onto the photo of the day~! :D

Fashion Experiment Gone Wrong of 1986:



Being as I was outside of the school social scene I was free to experiment with my idenity, do all kinds of stuff with how I looked, and play around with what I wanted to do with my skill set. At this point I was doing a lot of realistic sketch work based on pin-ups, writing fantasy-fiction, playing keyboards, and generally enjoying the time period that most teenagers are in rebellion and lost.

Not to say I wasn't also in rebellion and wandering, but I had the support of my mother, and it made the whole thing safer -- in other words I didn't fall in with the wrong crowd, or end up doing things that I regret; like drugs, sex, and/or violence.... I've always said that if I hadn't had this luxury I would have turned out a barefoot pregnant druggie by 15.

~Liriel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye ... quite the picture indeed!

As for the drama - Damn! Sorry I missed it. Travis did the right thing though, why cause trouble in a cool place. I have my own tales of drama also, but I don't have a blog, so those will wait for for a private counseling session and a stiff drink.

As for Kati - Don't sweat it. She's smart, and definitely not dumb enough to give her number to some guy like tattoo Dave. However, I have it, so how smart is she? heheh, Lord knows the havoc I can wreak! Good thing I'm a nice guy, eh?

As for Frown - I'm back in town! just got in a couple hours ago actually, so now it's time to pick up where I left off... ugh.

And speaking of 'in town'. Did I mention that you're psychic? Because it needs to be said that someone's S.O. is also now in town, having returned from Italy. 2xugh!

I'd like to blame you, because you sniffed it the day before it occurred, but the blame is no ones, it's just the way things work.

ugh ugh ugh

2:10 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Manders: Yeah and with that lovely black hair with orange bangs... thus began my torrid love affair with hair color... :/

Frown: Welcome back, though you've returned to dealing with The Woman, at least you also have friends like Katie, Mary, and I to stand admist like a zebra in the tall grass... hidden...

Now about that drink... XD

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home