Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Take a Picture... it Lasts Longer

So the inking of the page went well today, AND I even got a new Reader Sketch done - w00t~ I feel so productive ^_^ ~!

Nothing much else to report, except that I seem to be in the process of fighting off a cold. It's been this cool spring weather I think, and so everyone gets run down, and next thing you know the cold is being passed around like a donation plate... supposed to be warming up here soon (today in fact, though most of the day it felt pretty chilly), so maybe that'll help... that and vitamins and sleep. *crosses fingers*

So anyhoot, going down memory lane again~

In 1991 we got a video camera, and not just any video camera, it was one that used VHS tapes, AND could dub video over an pre-recorded audio track... I discovered this to be perfect for making home music videos! I made about 5 full length vids of some of my favorite songs and a couple others that I never finished.

One of the ones I never finished was set to Siousxie and The Banshees' Peek-a-Boo, and actually featured myself... dancing around... in lingerie XD !

So get an eye-full of the following photos taken from the screen (reason to follow):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Out of some odd inspiration (premonition perhaps, I dunno...) I decided to take pics off the screen... and it's probably a good thing I did, as it's all I have left of the vid.

You see... zooming ahead a bit to late 1991, after moving to Seattle, and getting settled into a house, and getting cable installed... and having the house broken into, and the VCR swiped.. and having that particular tape in the machine at the time... and so... out there, somewhere, is that tape >_< !

~Liriel

6 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

Well, at least I'm not BUTT NAKED in it XD !

I'm sure the tape got tossed by who ever stole the VCR... or at least I hope so.. >_>

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be cool if some day that VHS tape were found in a thrift store? Stranger things have happenned so we all need to keep an eye out!

<_< ... 0_0 ... >_>

1:27 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Well if you ever come across a VHS tape that starts off with Dan Rather from CBS evening news talking about the Gulf War (the first one in 1991) then you might have the right tape... >_>

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really really like the last two.

Wouldn't it be crazy if you bought a VCR from a second hand store and then you found the tape in there?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Come to think of it, since both the current VCRs are dead now... maybe it's time to go second hand shopping... >_>

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheezo: I was just about to say that, it's probably lurking on e-bay, no doubt for a resonable $500-$1000

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home