Monday, May 16, 2005

The Last Supper

I did manage to pencil the upcoming page today without too much of a problem, even though the bruised hand still looks like shit (though it's the kinda thing that doesn't show up well on a cheap digital camera, otherwise I'd show off my owie XD). Though the hand is now kinda sore (I don't think the computer mouse and typing is helping much either now that I think about it...) -- but anyways, about the page! Hahaha, it's another one that amuses me greatly, even more so this time XD , but it's kinda lame because I took it easy on the background... damn hand... :(

Yeah the typing, no good, and I have to do foruming tonight and try and catch up with Comixpedia so I can get back in the loop (oh yeah, buzzBugle is dead by the way... had to give it up... ;_; )... I'm gonna cut to the chase here then, and save my hand a bit.

I call this photo "The Last Supper":



Though it was no where near the last time I ate there in the three years I worked at Taco Bell, paying my food service dues, but it is the only photo. I really miss the Mexican Pizza... but yeah I worked for Taco Bell all the way up to Seattle, made a pit stop in Santa Rosa for my sister, but that's another story, and so's the Seattle Taco Bell story, should I remember to tell it when the time comes.

I had the good fortune of working for Taco Bell back when they actually pressure cooked the beans every morning (before the just-add-hot-water beans... or the boil-in-a-bag meat XP), and when they made the Cinnamon Crips (from real flour tortillas, instead of that weird poly-pig-skin stuff those Twists are probably made of)... damn, it was good food back then... It was really sad to watch it turn to crap, just so they could compete with McDonalds... >:(

~Liriel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(
Sorry you aren't feeling 100 %
I'm betting the page looks just fine despite your critical eye.


mmmm ... weird poly-pig-skin stuff ...

11:10 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I used to also call it Taco Hell, especially during the downward spiral at the end of my tenure. Now it's just not a factor... the only reason I go there is to get as much of their Mild Sauce as possible -- they should bottle that shit and sell it at the stores -- I can't get enough of it.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home