Friday, May 13, 2005

Where Liriel Comes From

I get this all the time: "Oh, what a pretty name. Where does 'Liriel' come from?"

For a long time I didn't know, and when I finally asked my mom she told me it was my Dad's idea, that he'd gotten it from a sci-fi novel, and that it was the name of one of the moons. Which I suppose makes sense, since I was born on a full moon (scroll down to check out October 4th 1971, under the full moon column). But she had no idea what novel it was.

Well a few days ago I got bored again, and brought up wikipedia. Even more bored I did a search for Liriel. And 'lo and behold... there it was, filed under Darkover, by Marion Zimmer Bradley @_@ I love her stuff, but I've never read Darkover -- now I'm gonna HAVE to find it, and soon!

Eh, okay so maybe that's not so exciting for you, but dang it, it's my name we're talking about it here! I'd like to know what where that inspiration came from XD

All right more pics of doom...

Yea
, Tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil
...



And no, I'm not hovering XD

Anyhoo, I'm off the celebrate the emancipation of a male friend, in true suit-style with martinis and cigars -- should be a good time :D

Free the man!

~Liriel

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let Freedom Ring!
Free at last, Free at LAST!
... an' I'm free, to do what I want...



.... okay enough.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Frown: Yeah... quiet down over there.. my head still hurts >_< !

MG: Well, shit... no, wait, wait, you don't know about my MIDDLE NAMES yet!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Yes, but I have TWO, and they are very special super secret middle names... >_>

12:01 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Yeah, my full name barely fits on my ID card XP

6:54 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

>_>

If I tell you, I will have to kill you...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Well I can definitely say that my two middle names are as interesting and perfectly suitable with my first name... as opposed to something like 'Eric Wayne' ... they were also picked by my dad.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

No you know, it's like the next thing after my social security number that just don't let out of my hands... you'll have to wait for the memoirs... which'll be out in like... 50 years :D

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home