Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dressing Up

While looking for my Grandfather's tie pin today I ran across my old 'graduation' ring. It's not really a class ring, since I never went to high school, but's it's a ring my mother got me when I completed elementary school. It's just a simple silver band with an onyx stone, very well worn because I loved that ring. And since I've appearently slimmed down without knowing it, the ring fits again, and that makes me very happy ^_^ (oh and I did find the tie pin too) -- oh and I think it'll make a nice replacement for my wedding ring since I'm too worried about losing the family heirloom while out and about.

Feh, so this photo didn't scan too well, or rather I botched the image after I scanned it and was too lazy to re-scan it... yeah, I'm horrible. Anyways, this was me back in Feb of 1989 (not halloween mind you), one of the few times I dressed up as a vampire for a photo-op.



The really sad thing is that I used Zinc Oxide to get that lovely palor -- lord, that was hard to remove >_< ! Yeah kids, don't try that at home XP

So it was Carmen who turned me onto Anne Rice and thus vampires. As I mentioned I had been looking for my old diaries, because I wanted to quote some of the related entries, but alas they're lost somewhere in this black hole of an apartment. I recall though that it had been at a get together for Carmen's family at a Round Table Pizza and we went along for the free pizza, but it was boring, and Carmen had two books, one of which was Interview With A Vampire, and so... I finished it the next day and became immediately obsessed. Not just obsessed, but OBSESSED... for at least 14 years.

~Liriel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zinc Oxide? Really? Where?

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Well it was in California, so I did have a slight tan (you can't live down there without at least a little incidental skin burn), though with the red hair sometimes it was hard to tell as the hair color made my skin look blue.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home