Monday, May 09, 2005

Mondays... I like Mondays...

I'm happy to report that nothing 'exciting' happened today, just a quiet, rainy Monday.

The page I penciled today amuses me to no end; I look at it and smirk. Perhaps because I saw something like it rather recently... but that's all I can say about that... >_>

Tomorrow should be interesting. I have an eye appointment at 10am, which is going to take a good chunk out of the page inking time... I'm pretty sure I can get it done and all, but I also want to get a reader sketch done... bleh.

I'm woefully disappointed with my current wardrobe, specifically my suits, they are horribly huge on me. Which is weird because I don't remember going on a diet... but I guess I've lost weight since 2001 when I bought them, or more specifically the black one which I can't even wear with suspenders anymore because the slacks are so incredibly huge on me now. And I really need a black suit by Friday, though not just for Friday, but that would be a good day to have one and I need a new one anyways... yes, damnit! I will not be denied my MIB fun >:| !!

*ahem*

So anyways, back in the day (October 1988 to be specific) I had hair gone wrong (only one of many times I assure you). I had this propensity to want to dye it. This time it was dyed red, and it was fried as well. Frizzy. Especially around the misty ocean shore of Salt Point, CA, where Carmen's parents decided they'd take us, along with Jeremy, in the back of their camper (more about that camper in a moment).

Salt Point is an awesome place and I'm sad I haven't been there more then twice in my life. The coastline features miles of naturally erroded sand stone formations that are endlessly fun to explore. There was once a prodigious forrest surrounding the camp grounds as well, but I heard it got burnt shortly after I left California. At any rate, here's some photos... and yes, I AM wearing a Europe shirt... you remember them don't you?

Salt Point Trip, Oct '88

(top L-R: Carmen and myself, both silently cursing Jeremy for pulling out the camera. bottom: Jeremy and myself consider diving in)

Now as to that camper... there was a seperate trip that Carmen and I rode in the back of the camper all the way to San Francisco, and INTO San Francisco... while riding in the top over the cab. It was quite thrilling to go down Telegraph Hill with the sensation there's nothing in front of you at all... though I probably wouldn't do it again. On the way back I got sick... into a thermos. Yay.

And THEN when we got backinto Sacramento, and Carmen and I were both laying weary and tired in the top, over the cab, and the camper was pulling up to park in front of their house... and SMACKED right into the low-hanging trunk-sized Sycamore branch.

There was this CRUNCH, then grind, and the camper top exploded. Carmen and I screamed "HOLY SHIT!" and leapt over each other to escape the shards of flying plywood and glass.

Oddly enough we both got out unharmed, even if the top of the camper was completely destroyed. Regardless that wasn't a very fun trip... and of course ever since I've had a thing about riding in the back of a camper... not for me thanks.

~Liriel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"HOLY SHIT!"

and God DAMMIT!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Yeah I'm full o' weird shit stories... I always seem to be in the weirdest places at the weirdest time.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home