Thursday, May 19, 2005

Wall Ball

Maybe I'm too serious for my own good, but when I invite someone to call me for a get-together I generally expect to hear from them... even if it's to beg off for whatever reason.

Especially when I'd heard from that person's boyfriend that she wants to hang out more, and so when I see her later, I say, "Hey, yeah let's get together tomorrow. We'll chill and watch the CSI season finale, that'd be cool. So give me a call tomorrow, when ever is fine," and I get the tacit approval that she'll call after sleeping in on her day off. Okay. No problem.

But then after watching said episode at home, by myself, without the phone ringing once all day, I just end up feeling... blown off.

Friendship is like playing tennis, and when I leave the ball in your court you're supposed to return it... otherwise I might just as well be playing wall ball. Which is usually what I end up doing anyways. Feh.

And good god damn I almost sent out an e-mail to end all e-mails based on a complete misreading of a reply I got this morning... I need my head checked... or maybe a vacation.

At least the CSI finale kicked some serious ass -- I now know more about being buried alive as I've always wanted to know, but was afraid to find out :D

Since this is the second post for the day, no pics -- yay~

~Liriel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home