Thursday, May 19, 2005

The sweetness... it kills.

Lord god all mighty... I have tasted of the wireless internet -- and it tasted soooo good~!

The TCP is surrounded by about three or so hotspots, and my friend Travis brought his laptop along (as well as his 2GB wifi card .... @.@ !), and well, he was getting a rather weak signal... like 53MB ... which is like, uhm, oh I dunno... 100 times faster then what I have now or some crazy shit like that.

Fuck.

There'd been this webcomic that I've been wanting to check out, but couldn't really because it would take me probably half an hour or more to get through the 24 page archive... last night I read it in like... 5 minutes (glad I did too, because I'd been thinking of making it a BadBlood recommended reading link... and well, turns out I wouldn't recommend it to my enemies XP)

Damnit... what do I have to do to get my hands on this kinda access?! Kill?! Rape?! Steal?! I mean -- shit... RRRRRARGH!!


........

And now for something completely different :D

Gig photos from the summer of 1989 (after I'd chopped my mop down a bit and died it black... again XD):






I still have the Peavey 2x15 speaker cabinet... anyone want it? I'm going to be buried with my bass though XD

This gig was at Southside Park in Sacramento, a rather nice place in the middle of a semi-barrio (hence the mural art) -- but it was a pretty lame show. I mean I had fun playing (almost always did), but like the rest of the bands were... and the sound was...

Yeah.

I remember someone afterwards coming up to me and saying I must really like music because he saw that I was busy moving around while playing (while most folks just stand and play, as he put it).... so very odd, but that idea stuck with me, and later I spent a good deal of time thinking about stage presence while playing, so that movement became part of the show. Like during a lead-git solo, or a low and quiet part, I'd turn aside and pretend like I wasn't on the stage; or during a bass lead get out there and creep back and forth on the stage while eyeing the audience... and so on. I think that's what made it so fun, that interaction. Must have been something at any rate...

Welp, got chores to do, and I'm supposedly going to go see the CSI finale tonight... so yeah, me gone.

~Liriel

4 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

Uhm... I really don't think it'll be up your alley, if you know what I mean XD

10:55 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Don't say I didn't warn you XD ... *PMs*

3:50 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Well, no, not currently... but I did send you a private message via the forum... did you GET it? XD

11:51 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

O_o

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home