Sunday, May 22, 2005

Performing Live

Had a fun time last night, seeing a local noise-band, and running into all kinds of people I know...

Like at the pub just up the hill from me, that I'd never been too, and probably never would have found (we even drove right by it at first), where the noise-band played -- and discovering that the old guy that lives downstairs (right under our bedroom, which is kinda creepy when I think about it...) works there and goes by the name Lunchbox... O_o ...or later at Beth's Cafe running into several friends who'd gone to a party that I specifically didn't want anything to do with, and finding out they'd had a miserable time.... due to drama. I swear, drama ruins more good times then should be legal >:|

At any rate, back to the show, which was a rather odd experience for me seeing as I gave up on all that years ago... and yet, here I was in a tiny little hole in the wall bar, listening to a band that will probably never get signed... who were just doing it for the love of performing. It was oddly nostalgic.

And speaking of which... this next pic is from an obviously hopping gig we did at Club Me (which later became The Cattle Club, and probably something else after that) on Nov 9th 1989.



As you can tell we had to have security hold back the masses... *ahem* Lord, we sucked... and I remember having a wicked head cold that whole week and the sore throat couldn't have been worse that night. I tried, but ended up croaking and squeaking into the microphone instead of actually proving backup vocals... but I still did it for the love of performing... even if no one watched. It's the act of live creation really. So hard to put into words... oh well.

Oh and the BadBlood site is already back up ^_^

~Liriel

3 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

Indeed... nowadays it seems to be about nothing other than money.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I don't think I could... I wouldn't be able to live with myself afterwards.... and I plan to live a LOOOONG time.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

What the hell would I do with all the money in world?!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home