Friday, August 05, 2005

Høme

Last night was fun, at least until we left at closing time, when it seemed all the cabs went into hiding and we ended up wandering the streets arguing with each other about how best to get home and otherwise scaring the natives. Kinda sucky, didn't get into bed until 4:30am, and didn't fall asleep 'til an hour later. All only to get woke back up at 7:30am with news that the cat had escaped... and I've been up ever since.

To whit;

Living as I do in such a ghetto, of all the windows there's only one that has a screen. With the other windows we attempt to make do, especially the small one in the kitchen, which is where we duct taped a collapsable screen to the outside. Not perfect or nice looking, but it's serviceable. And since it's duct tape, every summer the tape needs to be replaced as it melts and dries up. That time came early this year as I noticed the screen starting to lean out yesterday, but at the time it was too hot to fix, so I thought to wait, to get it done in the pre-hotness of today.

The cat beat me to it.

I have no idea where she is right now, but I hope she comes home soon, as I can't stand the thought of losing my cat, no, not my 9-11 kitty, my best friend... damn it all to hell...

I wish I could go back to sleep.

~Liriel

3 Comments:

Blogger freethoughtguy said...

Gotta love that Duct Tape!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Maria Baker said...

I hope you find your cat. Good luck.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with Jazzy! Next time, bolt the damn screen in place!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home