Sunday, October 02, 2005

CascadiaCon Report 5: Monday & Final Thoughts

Monday... what can I say about Monay except that it was the last day, and like all last days it's the last chance to see anything. I tried hard to settle down at my table and work on the Comic Biography Theater page I was supposed to do, and I even had Frown working on his at the table next to me -

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But it was really hard to focus. Eventually both Frown and I gave up, he ran home to take care of his sick girlfriend and I wandered around near my table to see what there was to be seen - I even got to take a quick trip to Mars -

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Where, oddly enough, I finally ran into Bobbie Dufault, the Con Chair and righteous lady who'd invited me to the convention in the first place. She stopped by my table to mention passing my contact info on to the NorwesCon folks and to buy both issues - and that was my last sale before I decided to pack up, but not before remembering to get a photo of the table XD -

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Final Thoughts:

Over all CascaidaCon was an awesome convention.

The down side was, despite investing in a whole better set up and having much more to offer, I made about as much at this 5-day convention as I did back in February at Emerald City ComiCon (and really I think it had a lot to do with the Hurricane Katrina Disaster creating a cloud of gloom and doom over the entire week).

But despite the financial loss it was a blast and half! I got to meet and hob-nob with a whole bunch of awesome people, and I think I made a pretty good impression myself.

It really was just a lot of fun and I'm really glad I went ^_^

~Liriel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, Nice reports Liriel! And who's the goofball in the chinese outfit?

10:23 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

That goofball would be you... Mr. Frown :P

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home