Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I missed the smell most...

Ahhh, mountains...



Ahhh, Seattle...



Ahhhhh, home...



And yeah my place is somewhere in the middle of that pic.

We got in right at sunset last night, which was really kind of cool (I never get tired of looking out the window while flying).

There's something though I have to comment on, this being the first time since 1997 that I've flown anywhere, it was a bit of an adjustment getting the hang of the airport security measures, like the whole taking off of shoes thing, and removing laptop from bag thing, or the whole having questions mumbled at you while your head is still congested and ears haven't popped from being 30,000 feet up in the air thing... I'm just glad no one told us "You have been randomly selected for a more thorough screening." God, we heard that told to the guy right behind us as we were leaving Seattle, and not only was the 'government' voice used creepy but the look on the selected guys face was so freaked out.

Man how I miss the days of just getting on and going, not spending an additional 4 hours per trip at the airport, think about all those wasted vacation or work hours... No wonder this economy is in such a funk. Eh well, at least we're adaptable I guess.

Anyhoot, it's good to be home, our cat missed us something horrible and she read us the riot act when we came in the door (having mom & sis take care of her just didn't cut it I guess). But now she's all blissfully napped out next to me as I catch up on things here.

There's only one really sucky thing about this trip...

I didn't get a damn thing done on BadBlood >_<

Geh.

~Liriel

2 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

Thanks XD

4:31 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

You realize this means I'll have to go back over there now :D

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home