Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Social vs. Business

Get this -- in our society Women are rasied to talk Social, and men are raised to talk Business (this is a general assumption, as there are exceptions)

You know what I'm saying though. I'm not saying though that Social Talk is just all about gossip, or that Business Talk is all about selling merchandise.

The key difference is in the manner in which information is exchanged.

In Social talk communication is more round-about and convoluted, and yet meant to sooth and ease at the same time.

Business talk is more blunt, up front, and oft times rude and disruptive.

For reasons related to the way I was raised, I never learned to talk Social. And indeed I came to distrust folks what talked Social, seeing some as connivers and liars. Now though, with this insight, I think I should be able to get along better with Social types... perhaps.

Perhaps too this difference in communication styles is the reason there's so many problems in relationships... It's possible.

At least consider it the next time you get irritated with the way your relationship partner says something ;)

~Liriel

1 Comments:

Blogger Ima Peccable said...

I shall attempt to remember this concept. My thanks along with a hug.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home